Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Wall Hanging Completed

 After having 6.2C as a high for Sunday, we are now -6C this morning. We did have a mix of sun and clouds yesterday which was nice. The weather is to be cooler for the next few days but it brings more sunshine. 

Lifestyle

I spent Sunday morning with my head in the oven getting it clean enough that I can run the self cleaning part on Thursday. Yesterday the pot of pea soup boiled over so I spent quite a bit of time recleaning the top of the stove. Once that was done, I folded laundry and called it a cleaning day. 

The Spousal Unit has had a good run on the puzzle over the past couple of days. I admire and put in a few pieces also. He may get it done before winter is over. 

The number of cases of the virus are remaining low. Four reported on Sunday, none yesterday. Mostly travel outside the area or close contact. 

Sewing

On Sunday, I decided to do the embroidery on a small wall hanging (UFO). While it was stitching out, I finished the binding on a Halloween project I started early last year. 


It was a panel I picked up prior to moving here that was on sale for a good price. 

The stitching of the wall hanging went well until I got to the purple tulip. I picked up the wrong thread and stitched one tulip out using sewing thread rather than embroidery thread. I had to pick out the one flower (a good 2 hours) and redo it. I finished the wall hanging yesterday afternoon. 


The goal is to do one with the tulips in pastel colors. A gift for someone. 

Next up, a bag for me. I've got the fabric out ready to launder. If I have to wait to get something for it, I will do another batch of piping for daughter.

Knitting

I am ready to cast off the hat. I do not know what I had done wrong three times in a row. The fourth time worked like a charm. 

Today

I'm off to shop in the city today. Once home, I want to launder the fabric for the bag. I will cast off the hat tonight and think about what I will knit next. There are no new test patterns out at the moment so I'm thinking hard about what to cast on my needles. It may be a cat sweater of which Elliott will be measured.

Really!!

Untill the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment