Saturday, January 16, 2021

Frogging Part Of A Project

Yesterday the high got to 2C but the sun shone. It was so nice to have it that the Spousal Unit stood outside on the deck absorbing it. This morning it is -6C and we are to have rain later today. A grey day for us, once again.

Lifestyle

I started to clean up the kitchen, once again. It was scrubbing counter tops, wiping down small appliances, and wiping out a few cupboards. I also washed down some of the cupboard doors. I will continue in there until it is done. 

As we were both tired, the Spousal Unit had an hours sleep late in the afternoon. I rested during that time and did nothing. 

There were 2 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Though the vaccine roll out is going well, we will be a while before we get the vaccine. We continue to follow the rules and are staying home as much as possible. 

Sewing

Though tired, I did go downstairs and sew. I have finished the dress to sewing the buttons on the back and giving it a good press. 


I quite like it and am pleased with the results. I spent a lot of time figuring out when to serge the seams and when not to. It paid off as all the seams are done correctly. 

As this is done, I have to think about next month's doll project and write them down. It is now on to the last three projects on my list -- wall hanging, basket, and purse. 

Knitting

When I read the pattern last night to see which row I ended on, I had done a double seed stitch rather than a single. I had to frog the rows I had done. 


And start again. 


By bed time I had over half of the yarn I frogged knit again. 


I do like it better done this way. 

Today

I will be doing more cleaning in the kitchen, out about 11 a.m. for the Spousal Unit, sew this afternoon, and knit tonight. 

Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment