Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Civil War Dress Bodice Ready for Skirt

 Yesterday was another cool day with a high of 1.8C. There was one snow flurry during the day. Otherwise a bit of sunshine and lots of clouds. This morning it is 0C and the high is to get to 2C. We are to have flurries with ice pellets today. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday, after folding the laundry, I started cleaning the kitchen. I did the stove, microwave and dishwasher. All needed a good scrubbing on the outside and the microwave got the inside cleaned also. It is nice to see them shining. 

I had low blood sugar at dinner last night. I was cranky, tired, and shaking. It is bound to happen when I monitor what I eat carefully. I had enough carbs at dinner to fix the low blood sugar and all the symptoms left but the tiredness. 

There were 3 cases of the virus reported yesterday all in the Halifax region. The number of active cases is now 19 down from 27. We are still being encouraged to be cautious. 

Sewing

I fixed the one cuff and got the 2nd one done correctly. Both wait for buttons and button loops. I also sewed the peplum and attached it to the waist of the bodice. Addy got to model it yesterday and is thrilled with her dress. 


The skirt is next and not as complicated as the bodice. 

Knitting

I did a few rows of knitting and made some progress. It certainly is slow going. 

Today

I am going to do budget, laundry and, hopefully some sewing and knitting. It all depends on the budget and how long it takes me.

Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment