Friday, January 29, 2021

Progress On The Purse

 Our weather has been cool and mainly cloudy. We do enjoy it when the sun shines. This morning it was -4C at 6 a.m. and -5C at 7:30 a.m. Cool for a few days and then warming up to snow.

Lifestyle

I was in the city on Tuesday with daughter-in-law for my dose of laughter. We did it again when buying her a desk that wouldn't fit in the car until unboxed. We did do Ikea and I got us a new duvet cover for the bed. 


I am wanting to embroider the pillow cases so haven't put them on the pillows; they are just draped on them. 

On Wednesday, we were out for a short drive and enjoyed a visit with family in their renovated upstairs. Yesterday we were out to get apples in Coldbrook which was a lovely drive for us.  

We have had very low cases of the virus lately (under 10 per day since Jan. 10). Wednesday was 4 and yesterday 0. One person is in the hospital. 

Sewing

After two days out of the sewing room, I was back in there yesterday working on the purse. I got the flap done and was thrilled with it. 


The purse is darker than this. I had to lighten it to see the details. I also got the handle on. I tried the designer's method and it didn't work for me so I did it the way I do my reusable bags. It worked perfectly. 

A test pattern came out and I want to sew it starting Sunday. I may not get it done before the updated version goes out for publication but it is a Civil War day dress. 

I am now waiting for 2 Keepers Dolly Duds' pattern to come out for testing. Both are mid 1900's style of clothing but cute. I am assuming late February and late March for these patterns. 

Knitting

I knit on the first sleeve of the test pattern. Not sure if I like the pattern on the sleeves but have to do it due to it being a test pattern. If I make it again, I will do the sleeves plain. 

Today

We have grandson visiting us for part of the day so I will do housework in the morning, work on the purse lining this afternoon, and knit tonight. We are home all day today. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment