Friday, January 08, 2021

Two Projects Done

 Yesterday was another grey day with a high of 1C. We had some rain during the day and wind. In the evening there was enough snow fall to barely cover our deck. This morning it is -1C and it will be another day similar to yesterday. 

Lifestyle

We enjoyed our day with grandson. He would do his zoom classes and then visit with us during his 15 minute breaks. He and I also treated up Elliott so Elliott was part of the French class. Once done, Elliott let me know he was ready for his long nap. French classes are hard work according to Elliott (who ate a lot of treats during class). 

The Spousal Unit is working on the puzzle and it is coming along slowly. He gets frustrated with it as he thinks he hasn't been doing all that well. But he has been. 

I have been eating well lately but my IBS is still bothering me. It could be the onions in the vegetable mix I eat. I'm debating whether I will continue eating them or give it a rest. Portion control has been good and, overall, I'm feeling better. 

There were 4 cases of the virus reported yesterday and the number of active cases is 28. 

Sewing

With grandson here and needing most of the table and quiet for Zoom, I worked on the Civil War dress. I got it finished even if I did have to redo one of the cuffs again. I am thrilled with the results and know it will be easier to make next time. 


I will do some things differently next time, especially seam finishing. 

When done the dress, I made daugther about 3 meters of piping. It took an hour. 


I was done about the time grandson finished his classes for the day. It felt great to know I used up 1 meter of fabric from the stash for these 2 projects. 

I have printed out the pattern for a test pattern designed by Keepers Dolly Duds.


My version will be a lighter color of the body fabric and a plaid I have on hand. I really am looking forward to testing this pattern. 

Knitting

I did some knitting on the messy bun hat and the band is over half done. 


Other than the very bottom where there is a tension issue, I'm happy with what I have knit. The tension issue will be almost hidden when the band is sewn together. 

Today

The goal is to sweep floors and do the budget as I'm behind on it. Then I will sew and knit. Another day of staying home for us. 

Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment