Saturday, January 30, 2021

Purse Completed

It is cool outside. Yesterday's high was -3C but the wind made it feel colder. It snowed most of the morning and part of the afternoon. Enough to make the driveway white but it was dry and blowing off quickly. This morning it is -8C with a windchill of -12C. The high today is -6C. Hopefully we will see the sun a bit today.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I spent the morning at family's and had a nice time with grandson. I knit some, we talked, and I looked at things on the iPad. I did enjoy my time there. 

When I got home, I was greeted by a whiny cat. Elliott was beyond himself. The Spousal Unit tried to put him to bed for his nap but to no avail. I tried and succeeded when I covered him up with a blanket on the couch. We haven't had a day like that for a very long time. 

There was 1 new case of the virus reported yesterday. It is in the area next to us. There is a story out about a couple who traveled to the US, got sick with Covid and he has been air lifted back to the province. He is in isolation in the hospital and she is should be home and in isolation now.  

Sewing

After settling Elliott down, I headed down to the sewing room to work on the purse. I got it finished to putting 2 large buttons on it. I don't have those. 

In the end I am happy with it and have realized that following the designer's cutting instructions will leave you frustrated. I will be making notes to myself for the next one I make.

I do like the lining fabric and have enough left to make a doll's dress. 

The sewing room needs to be tidied up and the floor swept as I've been busy sewing and ignoring the mess. It hit me yesterday when I went into the room. 

January's Review

  • I completed all the projects I wanted to complete.
  • All but one piece of fabric and one piece of fusible fleece came from the stash.
  • I used my embroidery component of my machine twice this month. 
  • I sewed 7.5 meters of which 1.0 meters was purchased. Six meters from the stash.

I am happy with what I got accomplished in January. 

Knitting

I worked on the sleeve yesterday morning and again last night. I am 10 rows from being done and will be ready to start the other one soon. 

Today

I have housework to do and then clean the sewing room. I hope to lay out the Civil War day dress today so I can start work on it tomorrow. Knitting tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment