Sunday, January 03, 2021

And It Snowed

 It was a snow day yesterday. There were times when the flakes were tiny, other times they were huge, and sometimes they had rain mixed in. Not sure how much fell, but over 6". It is to be cool today with maybe the sun peeking out a bit. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit went out to shovel the driveway and he wasn't out there 5 minutes when our friend's youngest son arrived to help. He loves to shovel snow with the Spousal Unit. And the Spousal Unit loves his company and help. The Spousal Unit went out after dinner to shovel more snow and put out more salt. And it snowed a lot more after that. 

The county use to contract the snow plowing here on the two streets and the Crossing. The main road was done by Highways. This year the county is doing the plowing and they were here 4 times. The first was around 7 a.m. when they salted and the last time was midnight when they plowed a lot of snow. Our streets were in great condition during the storm. 

The house work didn't get done but the laundry got folded. I didn't shovel snow as our wonderful helper showed up. It was a bit of an off morning for me. I'm not sleeping well, having IBS issues and feeling like a slug. Daughter and I started Weight Watchers and will be supporting each other on our journey. We are doing it digitally. 

There was a report on the virus which we didn't expect. 13 cases were reported for Jan 1 and 2. Though all but one are close contacts or travel outside of the Atlantic provinces, 1 is under investigation. Five of the cases are linked to a private school in the Halifax region (7 total in the school now).

Sewing

I did the sleeve cap for the Civil War dress. I spent quite a bit of time turning them and getting the curved pieces looking nice and smooth. 


I also basted them in place so I could see how they looked. 

Next I shortened daughter-in-law's pants. I basted them to the correct length, measured the hem width, cut off the excess and hemmed them. I used a double needle to stitch the hem. A few issues until I realized I was threading the machine wrong and then it was great. I chose a double needle so there was stretch (pants are nice and stretchy) and so the raw edge was covered by a zig zag stitch. 

Knitting

I knit on the hat band and got more done. Its a slow going project due to the herringbone stitch. I won't start another project until this band is done. I need to focus on getting it done. 

Today

House work that needs doing must get done. I want to sew on the sleeves of the dress and knit on the hat. I hope to deliver the pants also. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment