Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Projects Done, Projects Started

 Yesterday was cool with a high of -3C. The wind blew, the sun shone, and, when there were clouds in the morning, there were flurries blowing around. This morning is -9C and it is to be another sunny/cloudy day. 

Lifestyle

I did the run yesterday. It was the first time for me along in a long, long time. Prior to Nov. 13, when grandson and I went in. I did Dartmouth Dec. 20 as a fast trip with daughter-in-law. Yesterday, I got groceries, bathroom stuff, and yarn. I was home just after 12 noon. 

My weight has stayed the same for 5 days now. I feel my clothes getting a bit looser and I'm feeling much better on the whole. I'm tracking, measuring my food and there the weight sits. It will come off. 

There were 4 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Travel or close contact of another case. All in isolation as required. 

Sewing

When shopping for yarn, I got a new rotary cutter blade. It is nice to have a sharp blade again. 

My goal yesterday was to make daughter more piping and I did. Just over 3 meters of it in a pink fairy frost. 

It was cut out and ready to press and make. I did half of the pile and will do the rest a bit later on. On a slow day, I will cut another piece of fabric in readiness to make more.

I got the pattern out for the bag I want to make. There are a lot of pattern pieces that I need to trace onto pellon. That is the next job. Fabric was brought laundered. I'm ready to start. This bag may take me a few more days than expected as I want to do a good job on it. 

There will be a pause on the bag as on Jan. 24 I will be making a Christmas basket (trial run). I'm looking forward to that break as these baskets are new to me.

Knitting

I bought yarn yesterday. The first time in over 6 months (that was a ball of pink yarn). I needed something for the Daisy Stitch sweater, yarn for a sweater for a test pattern that is coming out and cream yarn to do another Hudson Bay blanket doll sweater that I would like to buy the pattern. 

I did sneak a peak at the yarn in Walmart and the stock is low. The same at Michaels. The yarns I usually buy have not been restocked for a while. Are there more people knitting or is yarn hard to come by?

I finished the hat and need buttons for it. I do not have enough buttons for it. 

It is a nice hat but I will not make it again for quite a while.

I started the Daisy Stitch sweater and need to restart it. I need to go down a needle size. This is a slow knit and will be interrupted several times with other projects. 

I also knit a swatch for a sweater for daughter's cat. I need to go down a needle size for it. Elliott was a real help and let me measure him last night so I can built the pattern for the sweater. 

Today we have hair cuts, then out to the quilt shop to look for fabric for daughter and home for the rest of the day. Not sure what will get done in the afternoon. Tracing the purse pattern? Who knows. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment