Monday, January 04, 2021

Sleeves Set In the Dress

Yesterday was cool with a high of -1C. It was also cloudy but it seemed brighter due to the snow. This morning it is -3C, cloudy and the high may get to 1C. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit went out yesterday morning to shovel snow and he had about 3/4 of it done when our friend showed up to blow out the roll of snow at the end of the driveway. The driveway was pretty much dry by late afternoon. Hurrah!!

I didn't do a lot yesterday morning as I was tired from being up during the night. My IBS has been bothering me and I'm tracking what I've been eating and eliminating foods that could be irritants (most wheat products and high fat dairy). I've also started portion control and last night I had a decent night. Let's hope this will work for me. 

Sewing

I worked on the Civil War dress and got the sleeves in. I managed to get the tiny sleeve placket in without having any issues. Pins and basting were my friends. 

I got the sleeves gathered and sewn in and, at that point, I quit for the day. One thing I learned with this pattern was to serge the seam allowances before constructing them. I had issues seeing where to serge at the underarm seams. I will be adding a note to that in my doll's sewing book. 

Knitting

I did quite a bit of knitting on the headband of the hat last night. I quit when my hands started to cramp which was at tea time.

That is about 7.5" of knitting. I have 23" to knit so am about 1/3 the way done.

Today

I've been out shopping at 7 a.m. this morning. I want to do laundry and some housework today, sew, and knit. Not a lot when you are hunkering down due to the weather. 

Until the next time...............................................

 

No comments:

Post a Comment