Sunday, January 17, 2021

Doll's Dress Completed

 Yesterday was grey and cool. In the evening, the wind came up and it started to rain. Just over 1/2" rain fell by midnight. The temperature went up to 6C (from 2C) overnight and we could see rain/snow today as it cools off. The snow is almost gone.

Lifestyle

Son showed up to take the Spousal Unit for a drive to Home Depot in New Minas. He really enjoyed the time out even if he bought nothing. 

While he was gone, I tidied up the kitchen, cleaned the microwave, and shone up the dishwasher. I then turned my attention to the inside of the stove. I got the oven door scrubbed clean. Next up is the bottom of the oven. Once done, I can run the self-cleaning cycle. The racks will be cleaned by hand. 

After I got the stove done, we went out and ended our morning by looking at the tile work done at family's house. The whole place is looking amazing.

I lost 1.3 lbs this week for a total of 9.5 lbs. I am happy with my progress and am determined to keep at it. I will be happy with an average of a 1 lb loss a week.

There were 4 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Three are travel related and 1 is a close contact. 

Sewing

I spent a couple of hours in the sewing room and got the buttons sewn onto the dress and gave it a good press. I'm pleased with the results. 


And the buttons look good on the back though I wish I had matching ones. Using up what I have is my mantra. 


And Jennie showing off. 


I would make this pattern again as it is a nice pattern. 

After I was done with the doll, I cleaned up the sewing room. The sewing table got tidied up but the closet is still a mess. I will deal with it today. The next project is ready to start. 

Knitting

I knit on the hat last night only to find I have a mistake. I am unknitting now to correct it. I'm gnashing my teeth over this and will be happy when it is done. I will be knitting in silence until this is done. 

Today

It's a stay at home day. I will clean the bottom of the oven, fold laundry, work in the sewing room and knit in silence. Keeping busy while we stay at home. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment