Monday, January 25, 2021

Back Again

 It snowed 4-6" on Friday and since then there has been light snow falling. It finally quit last night. It warmed up to -1C and we should see 0C today. It will be cloudy though.

Lifestyle

I exited from life for a couple of days. I hit pandemic fatigue and was exhausted. I needed to veg out and recoup. It wasn't one thing, but a combination of things ranging from making sure we are safe, early morning shopping, checking exposure sites, and doing everything in a hurry to avoid crowds. After a good cry and a long talk, we are both working on self care.

Our number of cases remain low and we have seen 3 days with no new cases. We are doing our part which was/is the reason I've hit the wall. 

The Spousal Unit shoveled our driveway every day while it snowed. It certainly kept him busy and he got lots of fresh air. It was good for him to be active. There wasn't enough snow for me to help so I stayed out of his way. 

I spent my time cleaning the house. It was one way I could do something and not think. The kitchen and bathroom are clean and I keep up with their cleaning. Next is our bedroom. If we are staying home more, the house will be shining clean. 

I have lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks. I'm getting use to thinking about what I need to eat for each meal. We are eating more food I prepare and I'm monitoring foods that I think are triggers for pain and discomfort. 

Sewing

I started my bag and I'm not happy with the outer fabric. Too much polyester in it. I will finish it and use it. The pattern will be made again using 100% cotton. 

I also started my first fabric basket. I cut out a 13" square and used a 4 x4" design. A bit small for the basket size but this is a learning curve. 

This one is for us and I will find a plant to go in it for Christmas (artificial will do). I will use the next bigger design on the 13" fabric cuts. The finished basket size is 6 x 6". I will need to do another test drive next month. When I get things figured out, I will do a tutorial on it.

Knitting

I am doing a test pattern and able to use up some partly used balls of yarn. That is a bonus.

I've done more since this picture and have 20 rows left to knit on the body and then can start the sleeves. Then a hat. 

Once this is done, I will restart the daisy stitch sweater on 3 mm needles and buy another cable needle for when I need it.

Today

It is clean the bedroom day, finish the fabric basket and knit. I am also going to start the list of items I want to sew in February. We will be staying at home as we need nothing. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment