Saturday, January 02, 2021

Civil War Dress Begun

 Yesterday was cool but there was sunshine. The high got to 1C. This morning it is -3C and it is suppose to snow for the next 12 hours or more. 

Lifestyle

We spent just over an hour putting away Christmas. The house looks so blah without the decorations. I will have to think about new items to use in the house during the winter to keep it looking bright and cheerful. We have just the outside lights to put away but are waiting for a warm sunny day.

We put the tubs under the stairs and added the Halloween decorations also. It is getting full so we need to monitor what we do in that area. 

Daughter-in-law arrived after lunch and did the maintenance on the air exchange/dehumidifier system new homes have. She did an amazing job of changing the filters and cleaning everything up. I will clean the system in March to make sure it stays clean. 

Sewing

I worked on the Civil War dress yesterday and am pleased with what I got done. I pinned it on the doll as the side seams are not done yet. 


I am serging the seams as I go and I don't exactly follow the instructions. I have my way of doing things. I like shoulder seams pressed open not to the back. 

The next part of the dress is going to take a bit of time. There are sleeve caps to sew and attach prior to doing the sleeves. I'm sure the sleeves will try my patience as they have a placket opening at the cuff. I will just have to take my time and sew slowly. 

Knitting

I knit on the messy bun pattern and I am making progress. I know I will never knit this pattern again as it is way too time consuming. 

You can see a tension issue at the bottom. Not sure what went wrong there but I'm not starting over again. It should be at the back of the hat. 

Today

 I am going to do a bunch of housework this morning. This afternoon I have to hem daughter-in-law's pants, sew a bit on the doll's dress and then knit tonight. I bet I have to shovel snow today also. 

Until the next time..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment