Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Fabric Basket Completed

 Yesterday was warmer (0C) and there was no snow. There is a wind giving us a wind chill though. This morning it is -2C and the high is to be 2C. 

Lifestyle

I cleaned our bedroom yesterday. It was very dusty which meant I was on my hands and knees wiping baseboards and washing the floor. All the furniture got wiped down well. All the bedding was laundered including the floor mats. My hip, back, and knees hurt when I was done but I chose to ignore it. It was nice to get that room done once again. 

The Spousal Unit had a rough day at the puzzle. I need to sit one afternoon and see what I can do. I'm worse at puzzles than he is. Besides, it is nice to spend some time together on the puzzle. 

There were no cases of the virus reported yesterday and there are 15 active cases in the province. The least amount since November. 

Sewing

I finished the fabric basket yesterday and quite like it. 


The outer cotton has been interfaced with both craft and fleece (both were lighter than I had thought). The lining was interfaced with a shirting interfacing. It really stands nicely. It has made me excited to make more to put Christmas gifts into for next year. 

I will do a tutorial on this later on. I'm still working out a few things at the moment. 

The purse will be started again tomorrow. I'm slugging away at it making decisions about what I will do differently the next time. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater and am 14 rows from finishing the body. My right thumb decided to cramp up at that point. I really do like the pattern and will be making a pair of jeans to go with it. 

Today

I am off to Ikea with daughter-in-law. I want to buy a couple of jars for spice mix, a duvet cover, and look for a wooden spoon. Not a lot but I'm looking forward to snooping around the warehouse with daugher-in-law. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment