Friday, January 15, 2021

Two Projects Nearing Completion

 Yesterday was another grey day that had an afternoon snow/rain shower. The high got to 2C. This morning it is 0C, cloudy, and grey. 

Lifestyle

After a slow start and one cranky cat, I got the bathroom cleaned. I did a pretty good job with very little pain in my joints. For that I am grateful. 

Elliott was very cranky yesterday. He could not settle down for his sleep. He wandered, cried, swatted at me, and was truly miserable. He settled down in the Spousal Unit's chair and fell asleep. I covered him with a blanket and he had a good sleep. He woke up, popped his head out and snoozed after that. 


I truthfully hates these days as he becomes very time consuming. 

There were 6 more cases of the virus reported yesterday. All related to travel outside the Atlantic provinces or close contacts with another case. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room after lunch and got the bodice of the dress done. I realized that the pattern hems are not 3/4" but less and it is throwing me off when I do the top stitching. Not sure why this is happening as most of this designer's hems are usually 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4". 


The other thing that got me was no front facing at the neck. Just serge it to finish. The sleeves were very easy to put in and I'm pleased with the results. 

Knitting

I got up the longer cabled needles and started to knit on the hat. Ripped it out as I thought I had a mistake. When I reknit it, the same issue. It's called row change in the round. I have 3 rows left to knit before I measure and see if it is the right length. 


With under 20 rows to completion, I am hoping it will be done by the end of the weekend. My question is -- what do I cast on next?

Today

I had a poor night sleep last night. My mind went to places it shouldn't have and I had a panic/anxiety attack. I am a bit tired today. I will start to tackle cleaning the kitchen this morning. I want to do a good job of cleaning it. This afternoon I hope to finish the doll's dress and knit this evening. We are staying home today. Again but we are okay with that. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment