Friday, January 01, 2021

Happy New Year

 Happy New Years 

We had a cool and cloudy day yesterday. The high got to almost 7C and there was a bit of rain. This morning it was -3C and it is to warm up to -1C. We are going to get snow tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

The kitchen got cleaned in record time as I wasn't in the mood to do it. When I finally did, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I have been keeping up on it but wanted to do a bit of extra scrubbing.

I have been fighting an aching body and have decided that I need to really pay attention to what I am eating. My weight is up thanks to the pandemic. My IBS is okay but I'm finding some foods that are making it flare up. Once again, it's cheese and cream-rich dairy products. I'm starting the year off by reducing these in my diet. Once I've got this under control, I will see what will be next. I'm also monitoring portion control to see if that will help and to aid in weight loss.

There were 3 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Two are related to travel outside of the Atlantic provinces and 1 was a close contact of another person. It is good to see the numbers remaining low. Everyone is certainly doing their part to keep the province a safe place. 

Sewing

I spent time in the sewing room pinning the pattern onto the fabric and cutting it out. I also changed the thread on the serger and it's ready to go. I need to change the needle in the sewing machine, thread it, and start sewing. I am looking forward to making this doll's dress. I will take pictures of the progress though I'm thinking it will not be finished today.

Knitting

I worked slowly on the hat and got 5-6 rows done. I look at what is done and I have about 20" more to knit before the band is done. It is a challenge and one I wanted to do. 

Today

The goal is to put away Christmas this morning and sew this afternoon. Dinner is left overs from last night and the evening will be spent knitting. With everything closed today, it is a stay at home day. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment