Sunday, January 10, 2021

The Skirt Is Done

 We are continuing with the cool weather. Highs are just below 0C and nights are cooler. This morning it is -1C and tonight will get to -5C. The wind is from the north and there has been no sunshine. Just grey skies. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I swept the floors and tidied up the kitchen some. I went down to get the broom to do the stairs and ended up working on the puzzle with the Spousal Unit. I did get a corner filled in. The stairs didn't get done. 

I have been off sugar and chocolate for a week. I've also cut back a lot on wheat and high fat dairy. I have less aches and pains, my IBS is settling down some and I feel better. Add in portion control, I've lost 8.2 lbs this week. A lot was fluid (detox) but it has really helped me feel better. 

There were 3 cases of the virus reported yesterday. It is nice to see low numbers but they could go up as students are arriving back for university. We continue to do our part to stay safe. 

Sewing

I spent my time undoing the pleats, pressing and putting up the hem on the skirt of the test pattern (One step back, two forward). I also did a 3 step stitch using red thread.

Once that was done, I pleated the skirt and gave it a good press. I'm ready to start the bodice. 

The red and white polka dot is for the contrasting under bodice, collar, tie, and bias trim. 

I did cut out the outer bodice pieces, the facings and the sleeves. I'm now ready to start cutting out the contrasting fabric. I see some hand basting in the books so the bias binding doesn't slip at corners. 

Knitting

I worked on the hat last night and by the time I quit I had 16.5" knit. Only 6.5" left to go.
 

I will be happy when this part is done. The way the stitches are done, my hands cramp up after 5-6 rows. The main part of the hat is done in an easy stitch. My hands will love that. 

Today

We are going to the library this morning so the Spousal Unit can get some books to read and we may go for a drive afterwards. This afternoon I will sew and tonight I will knit. Life is not exciting as we hunker down to stay safe.

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment