Saturday, August 08, 2020

Puttering Around

It has cooled off some at night. This morning it is 14C and very refreshing. The day time highs have been around 28C with very low humidity and some breeze. It has been more tolerable the past few days. 

Lifestyle

We have been somewhat busy. I got the fridge cleaned before shopping yesterday morning. We also went shopping in New Minas. We had a busy morning. 
I have started to paint a little table I bought 2 years ago. One shelf has been bleeding wood through the white paint so I have to shellac it to seal the wood. 
I bought some flowers and buckets for the downstairs bathroom. I got them done and need to pick up rocks from the side  of the street to put in the buckets for weight. One will be on the basement vanity. 
The second one will be on the little table with the candle on the bottom shelf. 
I bought a grapevine wreath and got one with legs on it. It stands beautifully but I need a plain one for the door. I will return it next week. 
There have been no new cases of the virus in the province and the last two are not resolved yet. 

Sewing

I dug into the UFO pile and started to make a reusable bag from the old lobster fabric. It is ready for the handles and lining to be made. There is another one cut out ready to be sewn also. I decided to get these two plus one other bag sewn and out of the way. 
I am still pondering how to sell the doll clothes. I am not certain I want to start an Etsy shop. There will probably be no craft bazaars this fall due to the virus. There is Kijji which is a hassle but doable. I could find a couple of groups on Facebook also. I need to talk to a friend about that. 

Knitting

I put the knitting aside for the past couple of days and read a book. It was due back this week. Back to knitting now it is finished. 

Today

Housework needs to be done, some sewing, and knitting. Peas need to be picked also. If time, some painting but probably not going to get that done today. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment