Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Heat Fatigue

Yesterday was warm and muggy. The high got to 29C and with the humidity it felt like 36C. This morning it was 20C at 6 a.m. and it is suppose to be warm and muggy again today. They are forecasting 31C for a high. 

Lifestyle

We are feeling fatigue from the heat. A couple more days and hopefully it will be over. It has been a long haul of heat warnings this summer that has left us feeling tired and crabby. 
I cleaned the hall yesterday morning. It was quite the job for a small space. The washer and dryer are in a closet in that area so they got a good cleaning. The washer was easy but the dryer took longer. I was in a lint cleaning mood. I found lots. When done, I washed the floor and cleaned a couple of pieces of furniture. I swept floors and cleaned the dining table. 
Grandson did a bunch of weed whacking in the ditch. He did quite a good job. The Spousal Unit picked cucumbers, peas, and tomatoes from the garden in the morning. I made a salad using tomatoes and cucumbers (from the garden) and onion. We put Greek dressing on it. Grandson ate a full bowl of it as it is his favorite. 
We have no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. 

Sewing

I finished the second reusable bag yesterday. When I went to photograph it, I noticed it needed more pressing. It looks like the first one in all respects. I have one more to sew and that little pile of UFO's will be done. I need to buy more interfacing for them. 

Knitting

I finished the back on the sweater, picked up the stitches for the collar and got the first row knit. The sleeves will be next. 
I have printed out the information to make the dolls a new dress. It is a project for the fall fair. It can't be started until I finish the slow sweater. But, I will be prepared to work on it most of the winter. 

Today

I am heading out to shop today. I hope to be home before it gets hot. I hope to press the bag and take pictures of it this afternoon and if there is enough time, prep for the last bag. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment