Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Progressing With Landscaping

We continue under the heat wave. Yesterday morning was cool and by noon, it was warming up rapidly. The wind came up and it was a hot air blowing. The high got to 30C with a humidex of 39C. It was horrid going outside. This morning it is 20C and we are to have another hot day.
At this time, we should see no impact from Isaias. They are predicting we will have some wind and maybe an hours worth of rain Wednesday/Thursday. 

Lifestyle

With it being cool and cloudy outside yesterday morning, I ran down and did the second layer of caulking in the bathroom. It was outside so we could do 9 feet of landscaping. After a lot of cleaning up and killing a huge ant's nest we got the job done in approximately 2 hours. 
 At this point it is ready to be hosed down to get rid of the red mud that covers the rock. We are happy as that is 9 feet we don't have to do. I have to go and ask about our back order of river rock as we only have 2 bags left and a long ways to go. We want to finish the job this year. 
You can see the red dirt on the rocks here. The rock in front of the green pipe has been washed as it was done earlier. 
We had no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Two of the 4 cases have been resolved. 

Sewing

I spent about an hour in the sewing room making 2 more pairs of leggings for Lily and Laura. Anna modeled hers. 
I love this pattern as they are easy to make and fit beautifully. 
I also looked at the bathroom for a couple of minutes. There is a blank wall at the sink that needs something added to it. 
I have decided to machine embroider this design onto light blue fabric and stretch it onto a painter's canvas. 
The canvas will be 10 x 10". This bathroom will not have any western pictures in it but I may find something western to add to the decor. I keep my eyes open all the time for little things that add a bit of detail to these rooms.

Knitting

I got pictures of the test sweater and sent off to the designer. 
The sweater fits perfectly but I doubt if I will make it again. I've started another test pattern by the same designer. 
This one is knit in the round and very easy to knit. I just keep track of the rows and measure once in a while. I'm about half done the body here. I am using yarn I bought 9 years ago. I decided I am using up the expensive yarn for the dolls as some of it has no merino wool in it. I've learned a lot about yarn in the past 9 years. 

Today

We have grandson here and will be busy part of the day with him. We will take him home early today. I hope to do a few things around here but the list is vague at the moment. It will make for an interesting day. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment