Saturday, August 15, 2020

Cool Morning Delight

Yesterday the high got to 30C but it felt cooler as the humidity was 31% and there was a north breeze. This morning, it was 17C with a good north breeze. It felt cool outside but very refreshing. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I folded a large load of laundry and did some extensive cleaning in the bathroom. The rooms were very warm and it was exhausting working in them. 
Elliott goes to see the vet on Wednesday. We brought up his soft sided carrier and reintroduced him to it. I put him in it, closed the door and left him for a minute. I opened the door, kept him in it and petted him telling him he was a good boy. Once out, he went back during the day to look in and see if there was treats in it. 
Sometimes there was, other times he found nothing. We will repeat this until he goes to the vet. 
There was one case of the virus reported yesterday. It is in the Northern health zone (across the Minas Basin and east from us). No information was given other than it is under investigation. 

Sewing and Knitting

I did none yesterday to let my shoulder rest. It has been sore and both seem to have made it sorer. 

Health

Between now and my next shopping trip, I will be cleaning up the bad foods in the house. Bad meaning foods I shouldn't be eating with my thyroid issue. I want to loose weight but have been tired, hungry, eating poorly, tired, and around it goes. I am not sleeping well due to our bedroom being so warm at night. This morning I woke tired as I was up many times during the night. I want to figure out more things and prepare a shopping list. The three big things all say to stop eating are:

  • Gluten
  • Sugar
  • Dairy
I am starting out by eliminating sugar as it is the one I can control first. The other two will be eliminated after I have sugar withdrawals under control. 

Today

I am going to rest this morning as I slept poorly last night, sew this afternoon and try to knit 5-6 rows tonight. 
Until the next time...............................


No comments:

Post a Comment