Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Finishing Up Projects

Yesterday was warm with a high of 28C (the same as Monday). The build up yesterday was one spectacular thunderstorm in the early evening. There was almost 1/2" of rain. Today the wind is blowing and they are forecasting cooler temperatures.  

Lifestyle

Tuesday morning we have heard a lot of Canada geese honking in our area. Hopefully it means that they are here for a long fall and that fall will not be early. 
Monday we had a busy morning. We headed out to buy blueberries. We got 15 lbs which I froze for the winter. 
The berries are not as big as last year due to the dry weather we had. We chose not to pick our own this year due to the virus. Next year we hope to be out picking our own. 
After we got berries we took the scenic route to the book store where the Spousal Unit stocked up on books for the next month. We were home by 11:30 and had the berries frozen by just after noon. 
I was back down that way Monday night with daughter-in-law to get packing boxes as they have to pack up their house for renovations. Son was over to help move stuff in the garage for holding some of their things. 
Yesterday was a home day with grandson here. I cleaned the bathroom, did laundry, and visited with him. Two more Tuesdays and he starts school. 

Health

I have cut back on high potassium foods and am feeling better. I have less painful areas and a bit more energy. I'm getting ready to start putting together a better diet for both of us. Having broken the exhaustion/eating chain, I'm able to focus and do more towards the menu part. A good thing. 
There were no new cases of the virus reported for two days in a row. There were 7 active cases in the province with no community spread. It was down to 4 yesterday. 

Sewing

I finished the dress Monday and made the belt. Kit loves it  and is happy to have it in her wardrobe. 
The jacket was made yesterday afternoon. It is a simple sew and I have to put on the buttons and snaps. 

Knitting

The sweater is done and ready to be photographed on a doll.
 It is quite cute and I hope it fits well. 

Home

Once the yard is done, I plan on painting the inside of our house and doing some decorating. One room at a time. I want to start in the guest room. 
With the wall color choice being a light grey, I decided, last winter, to move towards blues in this house. I plan on adding blues to each room. A bit of other color will surface to add a pop of color (like the yellow I added to the downstairs bathroom). I'm really happy with what I am planning. 

Today

I have already been out shopping and am planning going to the fabric store to look for fabric for a bag daughter wants made. I have to put the buttons on the jacket and get the outfit photographed. If there is any spare time, I should do a bit of housework. 
Until the next time..................................