Sunday, August 02, 2020

Another Heat Warning!

Yesterday the high got 24C with a humidex of 28C. We had no heat warning. This morning it was 14C and we are under another heat warning. They say it will last for 3 days with tomorrow being the worst day. We are also tracking Isaias as it is predicted to be here on Wednesday or Thursday. 

Lifestyle

The heat is taking its toll. We are tired of it. This morning has been lovely with the coolness and we have savored it. Hopefully it will hold  us over until it cools off again. 
Daughter-in-law and I went into Halifax yesterday morning. We did some shopping in one store and were going to drive home around the water front. On our way, I spotted a huge Superstore and we went in to take a peek. An hour later we emerged. It is a store we will go back to again. Well stocked, clean, and bright. 
I had a 45 minute nap yesterday afternoon. I woke up feeling a bit better but still had no energy. The high humidity is part of the reason and having the a/c on is another part of the reason. No cool fresh air. We noticed it in Ashcroft and Kamloops also. 

Sewing

On Friday, Son asked if I could make a banner from him from the muslin I bought months ago. I cut 300 inches off the bolt and then cut the width in half. Next up I serged the raw edges and sewed an inch hem all around. A good pressing and I was done. Three solid hours of work. I did 5.2 meters of sewing on that project with a total of 6.1 meters for the month of July. Total to date is 53.5 meters or 58.4 yards. 

Knitting

I sewed up the test sweater to the collar. It took three tries before I was happy with the results. I should have it done today. There is another test pattern out and I may knit it up. It is by the same designer. 

Today

After cleaning the kitchen, I am going to start cleaning the basement bathroom. I want to work on it while we have a heat warning. This afternoon, I may cut out leggings for Anna or start a bag. Knitting tonight. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment