Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Sewing Progress

Yesterday was a warm one with high humidity. The high got to almost 29C and with the humidity it was like 34C. There were two showers in the afternoon and one during the night. This morning the low was 19C. We are under another heat warning for the remainder of the week. It is the humidity that is causing the heat warning. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning was clean the kitchen. It got a good scrubbing and I did the floors on my hands and knees. Did a bit of digging and found glass along the side of the dishwasher from when I dropped a dish. Got them all out safely and the areas well wiped. The grill at the floor on the fridge had a good coating of cat hair on it so it was cleaned really well. I was sweating when done and realized that the house was humid. I put on the dehumidifier part of the heat pump and the house was fine a couple of hours later. 
We had 30 minutes before lunch to talk about vegetable seeds for next year. We planned it all out and after lunch went to see if one place had seeds. They didn't as they send them all back to the company. We will order from that company in the next few days. 
There are no new or active cases of the virus in the province. Will we see more cases sometime next week from the long weekend? We wait and see. 

Sewing

I got the one bag pressed and took pictures of it as a picnic bag for 2. 
I had made the napkins and place mats a while ago. Some one can add plates, utensils and containers of food and have a lovely lunch at the beach. 
I started the second bag and am ready to do the handles and the lining. 
This bag will have 4 place mats and the rest of the napkins. It will be a bag for a family or 2 couples on a picnic. 
I still have one more bag to make and that container of UFO's will be done. Will be happy when they are done. 

Knitting

The right front is done and I ripped back the left front. The second button hole was done wrong. I'm back to knitting the left front now. It is my fault as I didn't read the pattern correctly. 

Thoughts

I am still thinking about selling doll clothes and I need to have a conversation with a friend. She is very busy at the moment and it's hard to meet up with her. I also need to get a light for taking pictures of the dolls wearing the outfits. I have a plan for that. 
As we don't have a fair this year, I won't be doing any entering. I have put a list together for 2021 and will be working on it. The goal is to use up as much fabric in the sewing room as possible. I will have to buy some fabric, trims, and patterns. I am looking forward to doing some each month. I have 19 items to sew and knit and 12 months to do it in. I'm looking forward to what I do each month. 

Today

It is clean the hall and dining room today, finish up the second bag and knit on the sweater. Work a bit on Fall Fair ideas to keep me excited.
Until the next time.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment