Thursday, August 20, 2020

Feeling Better

Yesterday the high got to 26C and the humidity was around 28-35%. It was a nice day overall. This morning it was 14C with some dew on the ground. Suppose to be sunny and about the same as yesterday. 

Lifestyle

We took Elliott to the vet yesterday. He and I went in and waited to see the vet. Their cat, Andy, came to visit and there was a lot of sniffing. Elliott was not in a good mood with the vet. He hissed at her when he got his needles and then he hissed when she went to check her nails. I showed her his nails with no issue. Elliott is back on a diet as he has gained 2/3 pound in the past year. He is quite happy to be having canned cat food again. 
I felt better yesterday and had more energy. The feeling of exhaustion has gone and I just have lingering tiredness. Nothing that a few breaks doesn't cure. I did eat better but not the best. I did sleep almost 6 hours straight last night which helps. What ever I had, I don't want it again. 
There was one new case of the virus reported yesterday and is under investigation. Four are travel related and hopefully this one is too. But it may not be. 

Sewing

I did a fair amount of sewing yesterday. I am working on the test pattern and got the bodice finished. 
There are tucks in the front that turned out beautifully. The collar took some time to line up the plaids and cut out. I had hoped they would be perfect and, surprisingly it did. 
I took my time with marking the lines on the fabric and stitching carefully. The pattern is well drafted which makes it a delight to sew. The skirt will be in the plaid. It is a gathered skirt. 
One of the doll pattern companies has a spin the wheel for a prize. I got 15% of your purchase so will be buying a couple of patterns I really want. One will be the coat pattern Laura Ingall Wilder wore during the Long Winter. It is for Nellie to wear with the Mary Laura dress I made. 

Knitting

I finished the first sleeve and am almost ready to start the shaping at the top of the second sleeve. Hopefully it will be done soon so I can finish up the slow knit sweater. I am wanting to start another project for the dolls -- a dress. 

Today

This morning we are to work on the lanes in the books. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment