Friday, August 28, 2020

Landscaping Project Is Complete

Yesterday was a cool one for us. The high got to 19C and the wind blew all day. This morning it was 10C, sunny, with some wind. It is to be warmer today. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit was outside early getting the last of the landscaping ready to start. He dug out a bucketful of grass and weeds prior to me showing up. We hunkered down and got the job done. Lots of measuring some weeding, holding the weed barrier down with lots of bricks due to the wind, and finally seeing the job done. We did the final 11 feet in good time. 
This side of the yard is no where near level from back to front but is rolling. We have dips here and there in the brick. You can feel it when you are down on your hands and knees crawling along the grass. 
When done, I pulled a bunch of weeds the lawn company didn't spray and piled the extra bricks up neatly under the deck. They are for next year's project. We have one or two ideas up our sleeve. 

Health

Though I am not back to normal, I am noticing that I have regained a bit of strength and muscle. I wasn't as sore as when I started this project. My back (kidney area) isn't aching nor are my joints. I am getting up off the ground a bit easier also. Packing heavier items is also getting easier. Between watching my diet and landscaping, I'm feeling better. 
There were no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 5 active cases in the province. 

House

I was painting a table during the hot weather and had quite the issue with it. The paint was drying too fast and leaving a rough finish and the wood was bleeding through the white paint. I am going to sand the painted finish, apply shellac to all the wooden pieces and use Fusion Mineral Paint in Picket Fence (white). I want to finish the basement bathroom by the middle of September and this table is, hopefully, going in that room. 

Comments

Comments have been turned off for the blog. I only allowed followers to comment and I was still getting unacceptable comments to monitor. I will leave the comments off for as long as it takes to stop what is happening. 

Sewing

I got started on the bag and made the piping first. There is a good 80" of piping; more than I need for the bag. 
The triangle pocket has been cut, the outer bag fabric is ready to cut as is the lining. I am hoping to finishing cutting the fabric, apply the interfacing and sew a few seams today. 

Knitting

I took the evening off and will start again tonight. 

Today

The morning I have potato salad and deviled eggs to make and to start cleaning the kitchen. Then I want to sew this afternoon and do some knitting tonight. 
Until the next time....................................