Thursday, August 13, 2020

Last UFO Bag Started

Yesterday was another hot day. The high got to 30C and with the humidity it felt like 37C. This morning it is 19C and foggy. But it is suppose to be just as warm as yesterday. Hopefully this is the last day of the heat warning. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I headed out to Bedford to shop. About half way, I hit foggy like conditions and 21C. But it was humid (95-100%) and it felt more like 30C. You could barely breath it was so humid. And there was no rain. I did what I needed to do and came home. 
Walmart wasn't too busy so I got what we needed in good time. But Fabricville was busy and humid. I was in and out in no time flat. I was home by noon. 
I had a short nap after lunch and, though tired, I was able to do a few things in the afternoon. 
I bought 1 (and the last) yellow facecloth for the down stairs bathroom. I am loving how this room is coming together. 
I should have bought a hand towel but will get it on the next visit. 
There are no cases of the virus reported in Nova Scotia yesterday. People are wearing masks as are children. The vast majority of places are making masks mandatory and the rest say highly recommended. But, our great record can disappear in a wink. 

Sewing

I got the second bag photographed and it has 4 placemats and 6 napkins. 
I got the last bag out and started to work on it. It is a triangle pocket and I used bought piping on it. 
I am thinking of buying some grey fabric and using the back print as the lining. The handles will be in the grey. This is the last bag UFO and when done I will be one happy person to have them done. 
While at Fabricville, I was able to grab some off white linen. I bought half a meter and then got another piece that was cut wrong as a remnant. I picked up a couple of patterns, some lace and enough craft interfacing for 3 bags. 
I don't know when I will be back to the store as it was busy, humid, and crowded. Maybe in the late fall. 

Knitting

I finished the body of the sweater. 
I turned the collar under but haven't sewn it yet. The first sleeve has been cast on and knit. 

Today

Laundry and maybe out to get fabric to finish the bag and for another small project. I would like to sew this afternoon also and get the last bag either completed or near completion. I need to start the test pattern this weekend. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment