Monday, August 17, 2020

A Morning In Ikea

Yesterday had a high of 25C and it was quite nice. During the night, we had rain and the low was 16C. We are suppose to have more rain during the day. We really do need it. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, I went to Ikea with daughter-in-law. I haven't been there for 6-7 months. We did the whole store, looking at the display rooms. I saw how grandson wants his room to look like. After doing the upstairs, we went downstairs to the Market Place. We looked for items we wanted; got some but not others. We left when it started to feel too busy for us. That was a good 90 minutes in the store. 
I also went to Fabricville to look for a specific fabric. A line up and no fabric. I waited 20 minutes to get in only to have 5 minutes in the store. It was busy as people are making masks and getting ready for fall. 
When we got home, we spent some quality time in the garden. Daughter-in-law went home with a big picking of peas and some tomatoes. The Spousal Unit has pulled the pea vines out as they are done. Beans need to be picked when they dry off. I'm sure it will be the last picking. 

Health

I walked a lot yesterday and it was nice to be out there doing it. I am having joint pain again so my knees and hips did get sore and it left me feeling tired. I pushed through and rested after I got home. 
I have not quite eliminated processed sugar from my diet though I have gotten it down to the almost gone point. I have been watching carbs also and trying to eat those with more fibre in them. I am also pretty much dairy free but know I will have cheese on occasion. I am also decreasing fruit (more berries, less other fruit) and increasing vegetables. I did loose weight yesterday even if I was aching. I am going to maintain what I am doing right now for a good week to 10 days and then will decrease the amount of gluten I am eating. One step at a time. 
The main reason I am doing the above is to control the amount of carbs I am eating. Carbs turn to glucose and if I have too much glucose in my system, it turns to fat. Less, and I use up my body fat and loose weight. This is how my body works. I've known about it for years but tend to go through spells where I ignore it. It is time to pay attention to it for long term good health. 
There were no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. For that we are grateful. We are waiting for the 2nd wave though. I need to get a few items for the stock pile. That way we can go 3-4 weeks with only buying the basics. 

Today

I am not sure what is happening today. I have to pick up a prescription that was filled in July and call the doctor's office for an appointment. Other than that, I'm not sure what I will be doing. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment