Monday, August 31, 2020

A Reusable Bag Made

Yesterday was warm and muggy. The high got to 25C. It seemed as if the humidity didn't want to go down even when it was windy. This morning it was 13C, cloudy, and some wind. It is suppose to be cool today with a high of 18C. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit spent a lot of time picking tomatoes yesterday. The grape tomatoes are coming to an end but the Early Girl's are producing like crazy. Next will be the Roma's which are loaded. I think I will be making salsa this fall.
There were no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. This is good but we are preparing to be in our own bubble if the numbers rise. That could be mid to late September. 

Sewing

I spent the day in the sewing room. I made a bag for daughter. 
It looks very smart and will be a great prize at the dog trials they are going to. 
I attached a small light to the sewing machine and it sure makes a difference on seeing the stitches. 
I have to keep moving it as I hit it with my hands while sewing. But worth the few times I have to reposition it. 
I have not done my post for what I want to sew in September. I know I will be sewing less as I want to do more cleaning inside and out. I also want to finish up the downstairs bathroom. My focus will be on more Christmas items at this time. I will get it posted tomorrow. 

Knitting

I finished the second sleeve only to realize that I didn't change needle size after the ribbing on both sleeves. I am starting them again. This sweater is now becoming the Very Long Knit sweater. I will unravel the sleeves and use them for the cowl and the closure bands at the back of the sweater. 

Today

I am off to the quilt shop to get more fabric for another bag for daughter. She needs one more. I will do some laundry and sew for the rest of the day. I had hoped to mail out the parcel today but it will be tomorrow. Express post. Enough said. 
Until the next time...................................