Monday, August 03, 2020

Indoor Busyness

Yesterday was another warm day with a high of 29.6C with a humidex of 33C. The humidity went down during the day. During the night it went down to 18C and there was no dew this morning. Today it will be another warm one with a high of 29C with a humid of 39C. 

Lifestyle

After cleaning up the kitchen and having it tidy, I went downstairs to clean the bathroom. It was finished when the basement flooded over a year ago. It has never been decorated. The goal is to clean and decorate it during the hot days in August. 
First up was scrubbing the vanity. I had cleaned it a while ago but I needed to do another good cleaning. After that was done, I caulked the edges of the vanity. I need to finish it up as some areas required more than one application. I fooled around with ideas for the vanity. The first one is the candle daughter gave me years ago. It fits the theme in there perfectly. 
On the other side of the vanity, I will have this container with face cloths in it. I need to buy 2 yellow ones for brightness. 
I'm looking farmhouse and this container is perfect. 
The bath tub was given a good cleaning to remove the dust that accumulated in it. I hung the shower curtain. It's white to keep the room bright and airy. 
I got around to the window before lunch but spent a minute or two playing with a picture. 
Not happy with it there. The window needs to be scrubbed, sanded and repainted. Then I will hang a light filtering shade so we can't see the under part of the deck. A vase of artificial flowers and a candle will go on the ledge. Once that is done, I will continue around to the side wall. I will leave that for another post. I need to make a trip to town for supplies. 
We now have 4 cases of the virus in Nova Scotia. Two more were announced yesterday. One is related to the first two and the last one is from someone returning from outside of Canada. 

Sewing

I made Anna a pair of white capri length leggings. There is enough fabric left in the pair of children's X-lg capris to make 2 more pairs. Laura and Lily will be happy to have them in their wardrobes. Emilia wants the peach colored ones I made a couple of years ago. 

Knitting

I finished the sweater and am ready to take photos of it on one of the dolls. 
I'm ready to test the next pattern and have to get the yarn out of the bin. 

Today

I have a bit of upstairs housework to do and then I will continue working in the downstairs bathroom. In the afternoon, I will make two more pairs of white leggings while the machine is set up for that. Tonight I start knitting the next sweater. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment