Friday, August 14, 2020

Last Bag Worked On

Yesterday was another hot day with a high of 31C. On the up side of the heat, the humidity dropped to 35% making it more tolerable. This morning it was 15C. Today it is suppose to get to 28C. The heat warning has been removed as the humidity has dropped. 

Lifestyle

With the heat, we opted to stay inside all afternoon. It was a good choice as the temperature rose steadily. 
We had no new cases of the virus reported yesterday making it 11 days with no new cases. While reading the report, I noticed a headline stating many people are not traveling outside of the province very much this summer. 

Sewing

I headed out to the quilt shop yesterday wanting a grey fabric and white cotton. I ended up with more than that as I have a plan for the guest room. I still need one more piece for the guest room and it will be ready to be decorated. 
I worked on the last reusable bag and I do love how grown up it looks with the grey fabric. 
 The handles will be the pocket soccer ball fabric and the lining the other soccer ball fabric. When done, I will clean up all the left over fabric and toss it. There won't be much and I will be happy to see it gone. When done, I will have sewn 59.9 meters or 65.3 yards of fabric. My next UFO to do is putting snaps onto adult bibs and donating them to a seniors home. 
I will be ready to start the test pattern tomorrow. I am looking forward to starting it. I will be cutting it out in stages starting with the bodice. 

Knitting

I continue to work on the first sleeve. It is ready to start decreasing. I will only be knitting a few rows a day for the next while as my right shoulder has decided to be very painful if I knit for long periods of time. It is annoying as I enjoy knitting in the evenings. 

Today

I will be doing some housework this morning and sewing this afternoon. This evening a bit of knitting and a bit of boredom. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment