Saturday, August 22, 2020

Two Good Days

Our weather has cooled a bit. The high yesterday was 23C. We even had it drizzle last evening. It is quite nice after so much heat and humidity. Today is to get to 24C and we may see showers. 

Lifestyle

Thursday morning was spent outside landscaping. We pulled weeds and grass and dug up the edging as we continue the journey down the side of the house. I smooth the slope, lay the weed cloth, lay the bricks, and spread out the rocks. The Spousal Unit makes sure I have bricks and rock and gets the next section started. It is quite the team effort. 
After lunch, the Spousal Unit hosed the red mud off the rock. We have done a good 20 feet down the side of the house and have another 18 feet to go. About 2 more days and we shall be done. Next up is the hedge I hate to work on. I need to get it done as I am hiring someone to keep it up starting next year. 
I spent some time washing some windows yesterday. I ended up spending quite a bit of time doing the bathroom window. It had moss growth, dirt, and probably some mould. I wiped, prodded, picked and bleached that window to within an inch of its life. Not only is the glass sparkling, the tracks are clean. I also scrubbed the back door so the glass is sparkling and the dirt is gone. Next window - the kitchen. 

Health

I was to the doctor's yesterday. I got a face to face appointment for my blood pressure. My machine and his match so that is good. He looked at my readings for the past three weeks and was pleased with them. I'm on the same medication as before. That was good news.
With my thyroid and blood pressure under control, I am now focusing my poor kidney function. It is the cause of the aches, pains and tiredness I am having. I am not to have any pain or antacid medication for a while and then only in limited amounts.  I am now going to start changing my eating habits. What I need to cut back on, what I need to have more of. The Spousal Unit will like some of the food choices and I will have to eat others on my own. One thing I know is that being sore and tired has its issues for me and I have problems focusing on what I need to do and slip back into bad habits easily and quickly. 

Sewing

I spent Thursday getting the dress ready to hand sew the lining in place. I got less than 1/4 done when my hands started to cramp. I had to stop.
Yesterday I finished the hand sewing and got the 6 button holes in the back done. The little buttons are also sewn onto the bodice front. I'm ready to start the jacket. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater last night and got the body done. I now have to sew the sleeves up and put them in. 
I have pewter looking buttons to put on this sweater. With no test patterns on the horizon, I can go back to the slow knit sweater. 

Today

I am off to the city with daughter-in-law while she shops for new appliances. I'm going to have fun looking at what is available. If there is time, I would like to work on the doll's jacket (cut it out) and start on the sleeves of the sweater. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment