Thursday, August 06, 2020

Done With The Heat

Yesterday was the last day of the heat wave. The high got to 30.7C with a humidex of 37C. This morning it was 21.6C with a humidex of 29C at 6 a.m. At 7 a.m. the temperature was 19.6C with no humidex. At 8 a.m. it was 20C with a humidex of 27C. The coolness in the air is now gone. It is suppose to get to 28C today. 

Lifestyle

With the heat wave, the Spousal Unit and I felt like this yesterday afternoon. 
We had no energy what so ever. 
In the morning, we got our hair cut and I went to find out about a back order at a local hardware store. I had ordered river rock in late May and half the order was back ordered. I've talked to them twice; once I was told I could get a refund and the 2nd time I was snarled at by someone who didn't want to wait on customers. When I saw the bags of rock in the garden center, I was angry. The lady who dealt with me was wonderful. Another lady (higher up) told me they didn't flag back orders (a lie) and I reminder that they should be. I asked for delivery and we had it an hour later. You can guess I will not be buying from them if I need anything delivered. I will go to another community. I am not the first person who has had bad service this summer. 
We have no new cases of the virus reported in the past 48 hours. There are still 2 active cases in the province. 

Sewing

I didn't do anything in the sewing room yesterday. I had a nap instead. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater yesterday and started on the left front. 
I quite like the colors in the yarn, the mustard gives it a wonderful pop of color. I know I will knit this pattern again as it is easy to knit. It is a Henley sweater and will be great with several outfits I have in mind. 
I've been trying to use up the yarn I have in the stash and am knitting the expensive wool now. I plan to continue knitting it until it is gone. With the sock yarn, it won't be that long as I've been knitting with it a lot lately. The heavier yarns will be longer but I will make a dent in them over the winter. 

Thoughts

I have been thinking about all the doll clothes I have made. I really need to think about how to sell them as outfits. I look at the wardrobe I made for Kit and it is cute and someone might enjoy it more than I do. I look at other outfits I have sewn and knit and the same thing. I was going to make each of the dolls a wardrobe, which I will still do, but I should sell the pieces and keep only what I really want for the dolls. I'm thinking about this once again. 

Today

I need to do some cleaning upstairs. I should do something in the sewing room and I will knit. And think about how to sell the doll's clothes. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment