Sunday, May 31, 2020

Take A Few Minutes

After Friday being warm and humid, yesterday was cooler. This morning, it was 12C at 6 a.m. They are predicting rain later today. 

Lifestyle

With all the warm weather, we have been anxious about getting the plants for our garden. It has been a nightmare and finally we had to return an order that was incomplete in which I was charged full price. All is back to normal now. 
Daughter-in-law and I went to the city yesterday and it was an unusual trip. We did one store which we got our plants. It was a good experience. The next store was okay but the last store was something else. No social distancing to speak of. We got what we needed and headed home. We are good for 2+ months. We are so use to people social distancing that it is uncomfortable when we don't see it happening. A new normal for us. 
The Spousal Unit got all the grass mowed in one day and the weed eating is pretty much caught up. We can now focus on landscaping the front of the house. 
I've been puttering around in the house as I still am recovering from the pain I had. It is getting better so I am working on sticking with my diet, stretching lots, and not over doing it. 
Friday we had 0 cases of the virus reported and yesterday there were 2 cases and 1 death. A hardware store in the city has a potential case reported there. Here is hoping that we don't have an increase in numbers due to that. 

Sewing

I got the Spousal Unit's shirt ready for snaps. I'm pleased with the results of this shirt. It was a positive experience for me and has me enjoying sewing once again. 
I need to mark where the snaps go and apply them. It wasn't my most productive month as I only sewed 3.9 meters. But, I enjoyed every moment sewing after I got rid of the one outfit that caused me sadness.

Knitting

 I got a picture of Kit in the hat. Not the best photo but it done. 
I also finished up the skein by knitting a pair of slippers. 
I need to put ribbons on them when I make the pajamas. I'm thinking white bows. 
I also set up another doll's sweater to knit. I bought the pattern 4-5 years ago and it was too advanced for me. I decided to make it as a slow knit. I only do a maximum of 5 rows at a time; more often it is 2-3 rows. Each row has to be read carefully twice - once to read it and then to read while knitting it. 
I know it will be set aside to test knit other patterns but I'm fine with that. The goal is to knit the pattern without being frustrated. All of the test knitting I've done has helped me get to this point.

Today

I have budget to do, snaps on the shirt, and a bit more knitting. 
Until the next time.........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment