Tuesday, May 26, 2020

And Indoor/Outdoor Day

Yesterday was warm but not hot. The high got to 22C. Today is cloudy and we are suppose to see it get to 25C. The next two days are hot with warm nights. If the humidity is high all I can say is Yuck!

Lifestyle

We are getting ready to start landscaping so I got the dining area cleaned up yesterday. The bleach and soap mixture was evident by the smell in the house. 
We were in and out of the house during the day. It was time to kill weeds and talk about the yard. We keep on top of dandelions as there are a lot of them around here. We also need to over seed the lawn next spring. 
I looked out and the Spousal Unit was preparing the area beside the ramp on the shed. He got it done and left it to dry out more so some dirt can be moved to the front of the house. 
The Spousal Unit worked on the puzzle and got more pieces in. I put in 2 pieces when I looked at it. My contribution for the day. 
There was only one new case of the virus reported yesterday. Three days of 1 case. The numbers are looking good but we will be living with restrictions for quite a while. The libraries are talking with the chief medical officer about their policies for reopening. It will be nice to have them open again.

Sewing

I managed to get into the sewing room to cut out the sleeves, plackets, and cuffs of the Spousal Unit's shirt. I need to cut out the interfacing and then I can start to sew. I'm happy about that. 
There is about .5 meter of the shirt fabric left. I have it laid out on the cutting table so I can make a shirt/blouse and skirt from it. If there is any left over, I will use it to make a surplice top for the dolls. I am looking forward to drafting the pattern, something I've wanted to do for a long time. 
I looked through a bag of bits and pieces yesterday and found some broadcloth for muslins. I also found the AG bodice sloper pieces and some other pattern pieces. I'm ready to begin.
I need a desk for things that I do. I have decided I will buy a 4 ft folding table and use it. I can get some sort of storage items to hold my supplies. The corner desk will be the computer station and I will buy another office chair to sit in. I'm set to go when I can get out to get them. 

Knitting

I knit on the doll's scarf last night. I got to row 139 and found a mistake 8 rows back. Fixed it and am past row 139 by the time I stopped. 
The test sweater still needs buttons and I'm on the search for ones to go with it. I'm hoping to find some today. 

Today

The living room area will be cleaned today, sewing done, buttons found, and knitting tonight. I'm hoping to do a couple of loads of laundry. And I hope to take some pictures today as I've been lax about that. 
Until the next time..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment