Friday, May 15, 2020

Lacking Energy

We had snow Wednesday morning. Big wet flakes that fell all morning. 
It cleared off in the afternoon and the wind blew. Yesterday was sunny and windy. We saw highs of about 14C on both days. Today is to be sunny and warm. 

Lifestyle

I'm having sleeping issues once again. It affects me during the day which is totally annoying. All of it has been caused by self inflicted stress. My cup started to be half empty rather than half full. I've slept part of two mornings in a row which is not helping at all. I need to turn this around by forcing myself back into my routine. 
We have a resident bird who sits in one of our trees every morning. He chirps at us when we talk to him and never leaves while we are outside. I spent a few minutes yesterday holding a conversation with him which was fun.  
I did our grocery shopping yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks. I was worried about doing it, but all went well. There were around 20 of us in the store at 7 a.m. The store is clean and well marked. Everyone was doing a great job of social distancing. It is hard to figure out where to stand while waiting to pay for your groceries, but staff are there to help. 
The number of new cases of the virus has been 2 a day for the past 2 days. The number of recovered is around 90%. We didn't see a rise in the numbers from the soft launch on May 1. With nice weather this long weekend, we may (or may not) see a rise in numbers. We are remaining diligent in social distancing and staying home. 

Sewing

 On Wednesday I started testing an 1850's coat. I got the front and back pieces cut out and sewn. I also did the shoulder seams and then 2 of us realized there was no reference to top stitching. Mine will not have top stitching. 
With the lack of energy, I only pinned down a couple of pieces and walked out of the sewing room yesterday.  
I went to change out the elastic on our masks and don't have enough 1/8" elastic. I worked on trying to get these masks to stay behind our ears and may have it fixed. I may buy a spool of it as I use it a lot for doll clothes.
I found snaps for doll clothes and order 4 packages of them. They could be here by the end of June. 

Knitting

I knit on Wednesday night and was making good progress. Last night, nothing. I'm getting close to dividing for the sleeves. 

Today

We are going out for a drive this morning. It is our mental wellness drive so we can survive staying at home for the long weekend. I hope to cut out more pieces for the jacket and knit tonight. We will see where my energy levels are at noon. I may do the "push me" so I sleep well tonight. That means doing something in the sewing room, no naps, and staying awake until bedtime. 
Until the next time.........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment