Sunday, May 24, 2020

Positive Time In The Sewing Room

Though yesterday was sunny, it was cooler and windier. The high got to 12C. This morning it was 0C and frosty. Today is suppose to get to 17C. It is the start of some hot weather. 

Lifestyle

My housework became putting cord onto the weed snipper. Easy you say. Wrong I say. The directions were horrible and when I wound the string on I had it completely wrong. I spent some time reading, thinking and playing and got it right. The Spousal Unit was a great help. He has not patience (and never has) with crappy directions. Anyways, the weed eating and lawn mowing is done. 

Sewing

I cleaned up the sewing room prior to lunch. The extra notions were put away, the fabric from the doll's jacket tossed into the garbage, and the floor swept. I got the collar pinned down and ready to cut out. 
After lunch, the collar was cut out, interfaced, and sewn. No major issues with it as I took my time. 
I pinned it onto the shirt and sewed it down. It is ready for clipping, trimming and finishing up. 
I found my Pattern Design course for drafting patterns for doll clothes. It is a mess and I started to look at the course again in hopes of getting it into order. Of course it got the creative juices flowing. And questions started to pop in my head. I have a plan of doing a surplice top for the doll's wardrobe using both the sloper and a basic bodice from a dress pattern. 
Fabricville is opening its doors on Tuesday. I will go the following week to get a few items. I need bees wax as I've totally used up what I had. I love to run my thread through it prior to hand sewing. I'm also going up to the quilt shop and try to get a 30 minute shopping slot. I need items from them also. I won't be shopping again for a month or two.  

Knitting

I'm coming down to the home stretch on the doll's sweater. I am starting the neck ribbing. I hope to have it soon so I can knit a scarf for Kit's wardrobe. 
I am hoping the store where I buy most of my yarn for doll clothes opens soon. I need to get 3-4 balls of yarn. I have done a fair amount of knitting during the pandemic and have used up some yarn I really like and need a couple more new colors. Pink and yellow to be specific and the Jeans yarn. I want to be set for the next several months as I knit all year round. 

Today

Housework, sewing and knitting. We have nothing to do outside today so I can focus on inside things. 
Until the next time.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment