Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Face Mask and Ear Saver

This is late as we are having slow internet.

Yesterday was a lovely warm day. The high got to 17C and the wind was the right amount to keep you cooled off. This morning it is 5C and wet. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a yard working type of day. The Spousal Unit and I got the last vegetable box put together, and filled with dirt. The Spousal Unit fertilized them in preparation for the rain today. The lawn was mowed. The only mishap was the Spousal Unit closing the shed's door on two of his fingers. No bones were broken; just some bruising. I was there to get his fingers out quickly. 
We spent a bit of time talking to a friend through social distancing. She has been busy at home with a few necessary outings. 
We had one new case of the virus in the northern health region and one more death in long term care. We are doing well but this coming weekend will tell the tale of the soft opening on May 1. It will also tell if we will see more things opening if the numbers remain low. 

Sewing

I spent my inside time making myself a mask. I used a new pattern by Craft Passion.  I chose this pattern as it is similar to the one I made for daughter-in-law and I can add a filter to it. My filter will be industrial toweling. It also has a place to put a pipe cleaner into for the nose piece. 
The fabric was sold as a .25 meter piece and the hearts ran in the wrong direction. When I put them in the right direction, I got one half right side up and the other one upside down. I'll live with it. I'm ready to sew the ends in place and add elastic. 
The instructions for this pattern is long and ramble on in my opinion. I decided to watch the video. There is no talking and the written instructions are in a light colored font. But, I got it made with out any difficulties. I have enough fabric to make 3 more for myself. I need to dig into the stash to find fabric for the Spousal Unit's mask(s). 

Knitting

I finished the second hat and stitched it together. I'm almost ready to put buttons on the coat and take pictures. I found some scrap yarn and my crochet hooks. After three different tries with a larger hook each time, I made an ear saver to wear with my mask. 
The length is 5" long and consists of 2 rows. As it is quick, I counted the stitches as I crocheted. There is a video also. I didn't watch it. 

Today

It's a lazy day as I didn't sleep well. The goal is to finish the mask and start a second one. I'll knit this evening. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment