Friday, May 08, 2020

More Done On The Shirt

We have had sunshine and we've had rain in the past 48 hours. Today we have sunshine which is lovely. 

Lifestyle

We are coming to accept our new normal and have leveled out in what we do and how we feel mentally. With the nice weather, the Spousal Unit does outdoor jobs and on wet days he does puzzles. 
The house is clean and I am keeping it up fairly well. I need to do a few things each day and then I can focus on other things. 
The number of new cases is dropping to below 10 daily (wait and see today will be above 10 with my luck). We still have 3 weeks remaining of the "soft" launch of reopening the province. It's a day by day process but we are happy that we are safe and healthy. 
Elliott wants to be outside on the deck in the mornings but we are keeping him inside. He is due for his vaccines and can't go to the vet at this time. But he watches out the windows and loves it when they are open. He was sitting on his scratching post watching people out for walk in this picture. 

Sewing

I cut out the yokes and have them on the body of the shirt. 
I'm getting use to sewing wider seams and longer lengths. In actual fact, I enjoyed doing the bias yokes and getting them on near perfect. Sewing slow is becoming my new normal. 
I'm going to use the left over fabric for the doll's wardrobe. I'm thinking a blouse for the two dolls to go with chambray blue capris length pants. I have the pattern that I bought quite a long time ago and made a dress from it. I'm up to tackling this Keepers Dolly Duds pattern again.

Knitting

I started a coat yesterday for the doll's wardrobe. I did a lot of knitting and I have a mistake. I'm taking it apart so I can find my mistake. I counted the rows before I joined the body but something is not right. I have made this sweater twice before with no issues. 

Today

Housework til noon. I want to get the pockets and front bands on the shirt -- all cut on the bias. Then tackle the knitting tonight. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment