Saturday, May 23, 2020

Outdoor Time

We have had lovely sunny days with temperatures between 26-28C. Thursday and Friday mornings were warmer but this morning was cooler. And today is to be cooler than it has been. 

Lifestyle

We have been busy outside getting ready to do projects. With the warm weather comes the urge to be outside doing things. We are slow but we get them done. 
With the shed done....
the Spousal Unit started to dig an edging for the other side of the shed's ramp. 
It will look similar to the side we did last year. 
Some of the rose bushes are doing well. 
One may have to be replaced but we wait and see on it. 
We went to a nursery yesterday looking for Roma tomatoes and I was the only ones in there. They had what we wanted.  In and out in 5 minutes. We came home from our mental health drive very happy. 
In the afternoon we planted onion seeds using what we had in the stash. They are in a warm humid environment so we hope that they sprout. 
We also worked on the puzzle in the afternoon. We got quite a bit done and then got into each others way. We quit at that point. We laughed and chuckled as we put in pieces that had been hiding in plain sight.

Sewing

I've taken a short leave of absence from testing doll clothes.  I am tossing the jacket and have another plan for the pattern later on. Instead of fabric ruffles, I am going to use lace. I want to make a dress to go with it. I love the pattern but the fabric caused me grief while I was upset about other matters. This all may be made worse by the fact I am tired which could mean a low thyroid. No blood tests yet so I endure until the labs reopen.
I do have some fabrics pulled for the doll's wardrobe I am making. 
Two tops, jeans and a skirt will be made out of these fabrics. I have children's leggings to make a t-shirt and leggings also. 
Look at these lovely embroidery designs. All I can say is wow.

Knitting

I have a second jacket done. It is lighter than the last one and a different style. 
I have to wait until the store reopens up so I can get more of the jeans yarn. I would love to knit a hat to go with this jacket and reknit the other one. 
I am doing well on the test sweater. The sleeves are now being knit with the body. The decreasing does a raglan sleeve. The yarn is expensive and is called Forever Blue Jeans. 
It isn't my favorite yarn as it has no merino wool and feels scratchy. It fits into my denim look doll's wardrobe. 

Today

I am going to do some housework, clean the sewing room, and knit. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment