Monday, May 25, 2020

Planning A Doll's Wardrobe

We had another lovely sunny day. Not too hot with a high of 17.5C. Today is to be another sunny day though tonight we could have showers. The high today is to be 22C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I got busy and cleaned both the kitchen and bathroom. The floors got scrubbed with bleach and soap. 
We have had two of the upstairs smoke detectors chirping so I fixed them with new batteries. All is quiet again. 
The Spousal Unit dug up some dandelions yesterday as we get some in our lawn. It is a tedious job to say the least. 
We worked on the puzzle also and got more done. We stopped after an hour and admired our work. The sky and sea are going to drive us nuts. 

Sewing

I got the collar finished on the Spousal Unit's shirt. I am totally impressed with it as it is the best collar I've done. I'm not sure why but I think I know. Going slow, thinking about what I wanted to do, drawing stitching lines all helped with the process. 
I'm working on putting together a doll's wardrobe to use up some of the stash. I also want to use up the left over fabric from the shirt. 
The pattern choice is Simplicity 1086 for a blouse. 
From Simplicity website
You can see all the clothes from this pattern here. If there is enough of the check fabric left, I will use it in a skirt. The sunhat is McCalls 6451 which is OOP. (There are plenty of this pattern for sale on Etsy.) It and the capris will be made from chambray fabric and neither will have any trim so they can be worn with other items I plan on making.    

Knitting

The test sweater is done and ready for a shot of steam to block it. Then buttons. After that, I will photograph it. 
I started the scarf to go with the last sweater I knit. I got 60 rows knit last night and have 100 more rows to go. More if I have the yarn. 

Today

I need to do more housework and sew on the Spousal Unit's shirt. Knitting tonight. I'm getting ready to spend time outside doing landscaping as our blocks and rock arrived at 8 a.m. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment