Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Mary Laura Dress Completed

Yesterday was a damp day. The mist rolled in and it was dull for most of the day. The high got to 12C. This morning it was 5C at 6 a.m. and is to be another cloudy day. 

Lifestyle

I checked the house yesterday and all was clean so I swept the floors and said done. I went downstairs and worked on the puzzle with the Spousal Unit. We got a lot done before lunch. I also did a bit later in the afternoon. 
There were 14 new cases of the virus and 1 death yesterday. We cannot let our guard down yet is the message of the day. 

Sewing

I finished the Mary Laura dress and am pleased with it. I'm glad I took 4 days to sew it as I enjoyed the process and all the thinking I did. And the researching and looking at the picture of the dresses worn by Laura and Mary. Nellie is equally as proud to wear it. 
I rolled the hem on the hankie using the serger. I'm not sure how to fold it but I did my best. 
And I'm pleased with the buttonholes on the back. 

Knitting

I finished the second sleeve last night and am ready to sew it together. It is knitting up faster this time as I know what to do. 

Today

I'll do a bit of housework, work on the puzzle, start a shirt for the Spousal Unit, and knit on the doll's sweater. 
Until the next time..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment