Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Starting A Western Shirt

Yesterday was grey, damp, and cool. We even had a small snow flurry late in the afternoon. This morning it is cool at 2C but the sun is shining. 

Lifestyle

I looked around the house and all was tidy so I headed down stairs to work on the puzzle with the Spousal Unit. We were nearing the end by lunch time and finished it in the afternoon. 
Though I helped, he did most of it. I was just his helper and did some parts I enjoyed and a few that were frustrating for both of us. 
There were 6 new cases of the virus and 3 more deaths reported yesterday. It seems as if all are in the Central Health region. But, we should continue to live as if there is the virus is still in all locations. Letting down our guard will allow it to resurface, which we don't want. 

Sewing

I started the Spousal Unit's shirt yesterday. It was a shock to lay out big pattern pieces and cut them out. It was funny to sew 5/8" seams. But it was nice to have something coming off the sewing machine that wasn't doll clothes or quilted items. 
The shoulder seams are sewn. I always have them on the outside of the shirt as they are covered with the yokes and the shoulder seams are not showing on the inside. 
The fabric is wrinkled as I'm wrestling with it. The two dark dots are pins on the right side of the fabric. I laid out the yokes and pockets. I'll be moving them around a bit so I can use the fabric efficiently. 
I always do the yokes, pockets, cuffs and plackets on the bias. It is a western shirt. 
I'm thinking more and more about the doll's wardrobe and am now going to expand to include the American Girl dolls. I'm starting to plan as I sew the shirt. 

Knitting

I am almost finished the second sweater. I'm casting off now. Just a few yarns ends to weave in and buttons to sew on. It was an easy knit the second time around. 

Today

A bit of housework, fold laundry, dig in the doll clothes bin and out for a drive. Knitting tonight. A bit of a deviation to our day as it is sunny. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment