Monday, May 11, 2020

More Done On The Shirt

After the snow that arrived on Mother's Day we thought the weather would be wet. But the storm left, the skies started to clear up and it wasn't too bad. Until you felt the wind. It was cold. It got to 6C. This morning the sun is shining, and the temperature was 5C at 7 a.m. Up 2C since 6 a.m. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was an inside day. We worked on the puzzle and got clumps of pieces put together. A couple of areas got done. We felt successful in what we did and I will be getting a couple of more puzzles for when we are housebound this coming winter. 
Dinner was delicious. Daughter-in-law uses this recipe and it is my favorite meal. I always love it for my birthday meal. 
There were 7 new cases of the virus and no deaths reported yesterday. We are still being cautious and hopeful. The curve has flattened and we must all play our part in keeping it flat. 

Sewing

I got the front bands on the shirt yesterday. I cut them out, interfaced them and got them on neatly. I find cutting out on the bias takes more time as I cut out each piece in a single layer. 
I am using Shirtailor interfacing by Pellon in the shirts I am making. I found it at the quilt shop I go to and it is a nice crisp interfacing for shirts. The fusible knit interfacing is soft and I liked it in shirts until I found this one. 
I am hoping this shirt isn't going to be a wrinkled mess after laundering. But I do like the fabric and how well it looks with all the bias. 
Another pattern has arrived to be tested and I'm excited to do it. More on it as it evolves. 

Knitting

I ripped out the last hat and started again. I could not get the pattern to work as the stitch numbers would not remain constant. I started again, counted after each increase row and when I started to decrease for the brim, put in markers. It worked and I'm working away on finishing it. I'll take pictures when I put the buttons on the jacket. 
This is a picture of the yarn I'm using - Lions Jeans in the color called Classic. 
They say the yarn is a worsted weight (4) but it knits like a sports weight (3). At least for me it does. 

Today

I am going to make a couple of masks for us, help outside to put the second box together, do some housework, and knit. With the sun shining, we want to get the second box done and both filled with dirt. 
Until the next time..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment