Saturday, May 09, 2020

Preparing For The Future

Yesterday started out sunny, turned dark and grey with rain and then brightened up to sunny and windy for the rest of the day. Today it is damp out there. Better than the snow forecasted for Sunday. 

Lifestyle

The kitchen got a good cleaning and disinfecting yesterday. I swept the floor and called it a day. I need to finish sweeping other floors and wash them all at the same time. 
The Spousal Unit started to build one of the new garden boxes yesterday. I went out to help and it took us about half an hour to make. We had to undo some of it and redo it. The box is now ready for soil. This box and the next one are about 20" deep and  will be great for potatoes and carrots. 
There was only 1 new case of the virus and 2 deaths yesterday. We can't let our guard down as there will be more cases. About 70% of known cases have recovered. 
If all goes well, I will start grocery shopping again next week. We will be cautious to say the least and take advantage of the 7 a.m. senior's hour. We will do a few other stores but will be choosing early hours and quiet days. So, now I need to sew masks for us. 

Sewing

I cut out and sewed the pockets on the shirt. The pockets are cut on the bias, handled gently so they don't stretch and placed so they are even across the fronts of the shirt. Next up is the pocket flaps also cut on the bias. 
I did look at the chambray fabric I had in a bin for the dolls. I am hoping I have enough for 2 pairs of capris and 2 skirts. If not onto Plan B. That means going through the doll's stash. 

Knitting

I ripped back the coat and fixed the mistake. I was doing the increase count wrong. The coat is done ready for buttons. I started a hat to go with it. When done, I will have used up most of one ball of yarn. 

Today

The goal is to sweep floor and wash them with bleach and soap. I want to sew the flaps onto the pockets and start to cut out our masks. I'm using a new pattern for us. This evening it is knitting. I will try to take pictures today. 
Until the next time..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment