Thursday, April 26, 2018

Forsythia Blooms Means Spring

Yesterday was the last day of a run of sunshine. Today it is warm but raining. We certainly did enjoy the lovely weather we had and the rain will do its magic for nature. 
Lifestyle
We can say spring has officially arrived. We saw forsythia in bloom. 
We await for the bush at Son's place to bloom plus there is another place that has forsythia along their curved driveway. It isn't in bloom yet. 
We worked on the front flower bed at Son's house yesterday. The edging was put in and the bed leveled. From the road, it looks quite nice. Next up is the weed fabric and then the mulch. We have another flower bed to edge which will take a couple of days. 
We get the heat pump cleaned today of which I am hoping there will be less fluff in the house. We haven't run the upstairs heat pump since the weather turned nice. The downstairs one is still on but it doesn't run much. 

Sewing

No sewing done yesterday. I need to finish up the shorts and sew the top so I can say I am done their Spring 6 PAC. I am ready to move on to other sewing projects. 

Knitting

I cast on and knit the leg warmers/boot cuffs. They do finish the outfit. 
They are a quick knit. 
I am glad I took part in the Knit a long but won't be doing another one for a few months. I need to get other knitting done. I did work on the Billie Baby Jacket and am ready to knit the bottom part of the jacket. Then the sleeves and it will be done. 
May's knitting projects are the Russian doll dress and socks for Daughter. 
Today
I'm heading out for a couple of hours with Daughter-in-law and once home, I have housework to do. Being outside most of the week has left us with laundry and vacuuming to do. But, we did enjoy the outside jobs we did. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment