I did some housework prior to sewing. Floors were swept and mopped and a bit if tidying up done. The Spousal Unit did the weed eating and mowing of the back yard before he settled down for a 2 hour nap. It was one of those easy days in our household; one of which we needed.
SewingI started to take apart the first cushion cover and ironed on some interfacing to give it some body. The front of the doll's tent got cut out and sewn but at 4 a.m. I decided I hated it and took it all apart.
First, I had sewn 5/8" rather than 3/8" seams and that was annoying me. Second, I am not sure if I like the white bias trim or if I will put the other trim on it. Third, the top triangle needs to be lined which I forgot to do.
It won't take long to fix these mistakes as the hardest part was cutting out the pattern. The cushion covers are not the nicest pieces of fabric to work with, especially when you choose the cheapest ones in the store.
KnittingI finished the doll's sock. It is really cute and I am pumped to knit the second one.
These socks are knit just like people socks. I turned the heel, picked up the stitches for the gusset and decreased them and knit the foot. Then the toe was decreased and I grafted them together.
After the second sock is done, I will block them and prepare them to sell. The pattern is Cozy Feet Knitting Pattern and very well done. Once I got the tension swatch done, I followed the pattern which gives you the number of rows to knit for each part of the sock. A very well written pattern.
TodayI am home all day and plan on doing laundry and sewing. I hope to set up the second sock to knit on this evening.