Friday, October 30, 2020

The Forever Sweater is Almost Complete

We have been having some cool fall weather. Some rain, some sunshine, but mainly cool. Yesterday's high was 10C. This morning the low was 2C. It was suppose to rain/snow over night but I don't think that happened. 

Lifestyle

We were out yesterday to finish up the last of the Christmas shopping that went to western Canada. That was the last box and I am hoping I can relax a bit before I finish up what I need to get for family here. It was harder this year as I was trying to avoid crowds; shop early home early. 

We did enjoy our outing yesterday though. We headed out to Coldbrook to get apples and post the box. Then it was to the book store and home by lunch time. 

The Spousal Unit has almost completed trimming the hedge. Then it's raking up the thorny pieces so they won't get me next year. Once that is done, only the rose bushes need wrapping in jute. 

There were no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 4 active cases in the province. This has been another stress factor for us as we wonder when the 2nd wave will arrive. So much to do before we only do grocery shopping once it arrives. 

Sewing

On Wednesday, I set up the serger and roll hemmed a scarf for daughter. I knew I wanted the variegated cream thread to be the star of the show. I've had this thread for years and don't know when or why I bought it. 


I thought the other two threads could be grey but when I did a test piece, it looked wrong; almost dirty like. 


You can see the grey thread at the inside edge. I changed to white and it was lovely. I was done the scarf by noon and had it ready to go in the box shortly after I ate lunch. 


I am ready to do another test pattern before I take time to clean the sewing room. 

Knitting

I have worked hard on the slow knit sweater that has taken forever to finish. At one point, it looked like it would hit the trash bin. It looked like it wouldn't fit, the collar was doing it's own thing and I was near tears with it. I decided to put it on the doll to see if I would do the second sleeve. It has turned out to fit nicely on her and she is one of my chunky dolls. 


The second sleeve has been inserted and all that is needed is the snaps on the back, a button on the front and a look to see if I need to tack the collar in place. And I will not be making this sweater again any time soon if ever. 

Today

It is housework day with a chance of a bit of sewing this afternoon. I'm behind with all the other things that needed doing. I do hope to finish the sweater tonight and get ready to start a hat. I'm looking forward to some easy knitting for a bit. 

Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment