Saturday, October 03, 2020

Mask Making Day

 Yesterday was another lovely fall day with a high of 21C. This morning it was 12C, some clouds, and either a light rain or heavy dew. Today is suppose to be another nice day.

Lifestyle

Yesterday was deemed mask making and getting help on what I am doing. That entailed a lovely visit with our neighbor about her mask making journey. 

I also had to dig out the Cuisinart for son. That entailed hunting for the missing attachments. Found in the soup pot in the canning tub in the shed. He was making smoked salsa. 

There was another case of the virus reported yesterday. This person traveled outside of the Atlantic Bubble. We now have 3 active cases in the province. 

Sewing

I started off making the mask that has the curved front. I shoved in short elastic to see how it looked. 


I put in a nose wire for shaping over the nose. At that point, I went to see our neighbor to find out what I could do with this pattern next. She sent me down another path making masks using a circle. One circle will make a mask. The pattern is here and I have it in the Craft Projects tab. 

After a quick lunch, I grabbed a plate (11") and headed down to make the new pattern. I had used up almost one half of the width of the .3 meter of fabric. I carefully folded the rest of the fabric and drew the circle on the fabric. I cut out two circles and followed the YouTube video to make them. They are very easy to make. 


The above masks would be cute done in a plain cotton or subtle batik with embroidery on them. I may make some and ship to daughter to give away. 

Once done those two, I cut out 4 pleated masks. One was completed. 


I lined these with a lovely white cotton. 


I will assembly line sew the remaining 3 this morning. I have 2 hours to make them in. 

Knitting

No knitting last night as we were out to visit our neighbors across the street. 

Today

I'm smoking tomatoes this morning, sewing masks, and freezing smokes tomatoes this afternoon. A busy day for me. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment