Friday, October 16, 2020

Nearing the End Of A Busy Week

 Yesterday was a lovely day with lots of sunshine and a high of 20C. This morning it was 10C at 6 a.m. and we are to have a repeat of yesterday's weather. Then we get a day of wet, warm, and humid weather. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday we headed out to Coldbrook to get apples and then on to the book store to replenish the supply of books. We did a bit of shopping at New Minas and headed home. 

While at the book store, I found these two books. 


No Book 1. I looked on our local library's website and I can get all three brought in to read. My goal this winter is to read a bit more than I have been. 

We had no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. We have been very diligent in wearing our masks, sanitizing our hands, and practicing social distancing. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday. But I did admire my new desk, which was assembled on Wednesday afternoon. Next up is the peg board above it for my tools and then sorting the coursework I want to do. 

The last of the Little Women patterns is out. Jo's and it is sweet. I will be buying them all in the next bit as I love them. They are on my 2021 sewing list. 

I just looked at all the patterns I have at Pixie Faire (14.5 pages worth) and I hope to start sewing them one at a time. I also have 3 patterns at Etsy that I need to sew. It will do me good to work through these patterns and use up the doll's fabric stash. I am not going to say how many I'll do in a month as the patterns range from easy to advanced. 

Knitting

I finished knitting the little top and just have to block it and add buttons. It is cute and I hope to photograph it tomorrow afternoon. 

My knitting goal is to finish the sweater I started way back when and then do a bit of knitting for others. It is time to do both doll and human knitting once again. 

Today

We are off to Halifax as the Spousal Unit has surgery to have more basal cell lesions removed. If all goes well, we'll stop for lunch in Lower Sackville and be home mid afternoon. Only flu shot on Saturday and, hopefully we will be have no other appointments for a while. 

Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment