Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Fall Cleaning Continues

 The past two days have continued to be lovely autumn days with yesterday feeling a bit cooler than Sunday. There was more cloud coverage yesterday. The highs have been between 16-17C and today is suppose to be the same. Tonight we are to have showers. 

Lifestyle

Sunday, I cleaned all day. I washed 8 windows which was not a glamorous job. I had done all the tracks during the summer but redid them again. With rain, wind, and dust some were dirtier than others. Screens were removed and washed. Not too bad except on the windows that have the rain driven against them. Then came the dirty job. Washing the bottom seal of the windows. Dirt, grime, and mould. I scrubbed everything clean. The water was extremely dirty and I was extremely happy to have it done.

During the morning, I also removed the filters from the heat pump and washed them. I put them outside in the sun to dry. When the windows were done, I cleaned it well. The fins had dirt and mould on them. The rest just had dust. The unit smells nice when it runs. The downstairs one needs doing next even though I had done both of them during the summer. 

We ended Sunday moving the living room furniture around in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner. It is very open as we need to have two tables in the dining area. Mission done. 

Yesterday I went to the city to shop. I was in and out by just after lunch. I had a nap in the afternoon which I'm sure was needed. I'm coming out of sleeping poorly and am catching up on lost sleep. 

We've had no new cases of the virus and one active case remains. Guidelines have been posted about Thanksgiving and I will be disinfecting every surface I possibly can to keep us all healthy. No one coming has had the virus or feels sick but I'm being overly cautious. 

Sewing

I didn't go into the sewing room yesterday. But I did go to the fabric store on a mission. I had said if the store was full I was going home. There were a total of 6 of us in the store so I got two pieces of fleece for daughter's cat and dog for Christmas presents and flannel for grandson's pajama pants. The blankets will be dealt with next week and the pants in December. 

As the store was empty, I looked at a couple of bolts of fabric. I didn't buy any though it was lovely suiting. I don't need any fabric and I am planning on sewing with as much of the stash as possible. Especially for the dolls. 

The test pattern has been floating in my mind and I think I have it. The dress will be a plain color and the embroidery will be a soft contrast. One idea is red with very dark green embroidery. A Christmas dress at this point. 

A new pattern has come out for the dolls. I am thinking of buying it as it is historical. It is Meg's dress from Little Women and right up my alley. I do like historical patterns for the dolls. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater yesterday and last night. I have the sleeves on the needles and am ready to start the second row of decreasing. I'm hoping it will be done by Friday. 

A new pattern has come out for testing and I'm excited to test it. New designer with a cute pattern which is different from what I've been knitting. I can use up yarn I have on hand.  I needed this new pattern to get me wanting to knit more again. 

Today

I have to do more cleaning and a bunch of laundry. I also need to get a box ready for a label as I can ship it free today. I may not see the sewing room today as I'm trying to get a few things done but I will be knitting tonight. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment